A Typical Day
Below is only a guideline-not a rigorous schedule
- Good morning routine as you wish
- Breakfast with fellow apprentices
- 9:00 Morning Gathering
- 9:30 – 12:30 Morning Learn-While-You-Work Session
- 12:30 – 2:00 Lunch and Personal Time
- 2:00 – 4:00 Afternoon Learn-While-You-Work Session
- 4:00 – 4:30 Clean up
- 4:30 – 5:00 Coffee/Tea while debriefing the days accomplishments and setting goals for the following day
- 5:00 – 6:00 Daily Permaculture Lecture/Discussion with Albert Bates
- Dinner as you wish with fellow apprentices and enjoy your evening and restful night as you sleep in your home at The Farm.
Weekends are reserved for community activities and free time to explore other opportunities at The Farm or in the region. For instance, take some personal time to play the 18 holes on our disc golf course, go biking or hiking, hang out at The Farm swimming hole, or visiting one of the small towns or Nashville. You can also engage with the larger community by joining in on a town business meeting, a potluck dinner, group meditation, yoga, or joining the community parties at the dome.
We will also have a couple of field trips during the program. Possible field trips include the nearby Amish country, canoeing the Buffalo River, Earth Advocates Research Farm & bamboo nursery, Spiral Ridge Permaculture, Solar Springs, Walnut Hill Farm, Jack Daniels Distillery, caving or rafting.