Immerse Yourself in a Profound Educational Experience
A structured program designed to immerse you in an Ecovillage experience. Some apprentice programs include a Permaculture Design Certificate. Each program varies slightly depending on the season, needs of the site, and interest of the group. Along with the bountiful natural building, gardening, and social skills learned, we consider this to be a transformational experience rich with valuable lessons and interaction with the residents of one of the world’s most successful intentional communities!
Duration of Stay
- 6 weeks – 3 months
- Stellar instruction with Albert Bates
- A tour of The Farm by JSun DaGreen
- Valuable lessons from Farm community members
- Field trips to nearby permaculture sites and farms
- Support through the development and follow-through of a personal project that can be used for a permaculture portfolio
- Daily guided activities in gardening, natural building, and so much more
- Team-building and conflict resolution for co-operative living
- Nitty gritty plumbing, wiring, and mechanics with JSun DaGreen
- Guided meditations, reflections, and yoga
- A naturally built straw bale cabin called “The Hodge Podge Lodge” - this two bedroom private home has the best view of the valley below. The full kitchen is a perfect space for cooking group meals.
- All meals are provided but you are responsible for preparing them. Depending on the season, we harvest food from the organic garden that is here at the ETC. We stock our cabinets with bulk items from the local Amish foodshed.
- Range from $1000 - $1400 per month depending on certification program.
- Official introduction into The Farm community
- A community pot-luck party held for you at the Ecovillage Training Center
- Opportunities to participate in community dinners, work-days, drum circles, and rituals
- Tie-dye fun, a full tool shop to help with your creative projects, disc golf course, brew from the brewer’s co-op, and so much more.